“It is estimated that the average woman (with a life expectancy of 80 years of age) will spend approximately $125,000 in her lifetime on clothing and accessories. This will equate to just over 3,100 different items and include 145 handbags, 185 dresses and yes you’ve guessed it, over 270 pairs of shoes.” Source.
How many pairs of shoes have you owned in your lifetime? Of those shoes, how many have lasted more than 3 years? 1 year? 6 months?
Are you overwhelmed by the math yet? Good, us too. So what do we do with this information? Do we accept the status quo or do we move towards something better? Long before any of us graced this earth, dreamed about who we would become and the mark we would leave behind. Our mothers and forefathers relied heavily on leather in varying aspects of life for good reason. Leather is a great material that protects the human body or valuable goods; it is comfortable and long-lasting. Here are just 5 reasons to make the switch to quality leather goods and shoes.
- Durability: Leather is one of the world’s most enduring products. With proper care, it can last years.
- Sustainability: There’s no reason for an entirely new shoe- sometimes you can have them repaired and keep them going with just a new sole. Marciante and Company's shoes are meant to be worn all day, every day eliminating the need to run back to the store every 6 months to a year.
- Lasting Comfort: Marciante and Company’s boots are made with quality materials, not just for durability but also for great comfort.
- Flexibility: Marciante and Company’s flats are made with top grain leather and other natural products used for comfort like cork that over time will form to the shape of your foot. So given some time, these shoes will have an honest custom fit specifically for your feet.
- Timelessness: Leather goods rarely go out of style. They are built for more than just a moment.
By the time you're 70 years old you will have put approximately 70,000 miles on your feet. With that much work, they deserve to be treated right. Your feet are one of the most often overlooked and under-appreciated parts of the human anatomy. Each foot has approximately 2628 bones, 35 different joints, 120 ligaments, 20 muscles, and roughly 7,000 nerve endings.
Your feet are an amazing part of your body and deserve to be treated well. With Marciante and Company's leather is not out of reach. You can find stylish, comfortable, and most importantly affordable options for both men and women. Source.